Monday, August 31, 2015

A Few Images Created by Me

I'm not a great artist, but I took a digital design class in high school, where I was able to learn about Photoshop and Illustrator.
First image- Fantasy Scene Project
                After learning Photoshop for a few weeks, I was given a project that required me to edit myself into a fantasy scene. This version is the second-last version of this project, because I think it looks better without me in it.


Second image- Splashe Logo
                My digital design class was part of a group who would design the logo for a company called Splashe. Out of the logos that I made, these were my favorites.



Some of My Favorite Games
With great difficulty, I present to you my top two picks: Dark Souls and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Dark Souls
Dark Souls is a role-playing game in which the player is thrown into a dark, gloomy fantasy world. The story is almost non-existence, but the world is so immersive that the player can figure out much of what’s going on just by playing the game. That’s what I like about this game – it is up to the player to find out everything. The game doesn’t even tell you which way to go. Also, it is one of the most difficult and punishing games I have ever played. When you die, you lose all of your souls, which serve as the world’s currency as well as the character’s experience points. You are only given one chance to get them back; if you die again before visiting the place of your previous death, the souls are lost permanently. With all the punishment and difficulty thrown at the players, every successful feat gives them a great sense of accomplishment. Combine that with a killer soundtrack and a beautiful, open world, and you’ll enjoy exploring every bit of Dark Souls.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
If you had played any of the early Metroid games, you’ll definitely see where this game got its inspiration. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night combines Metroid’s emphasis on exploration with Castlevania’s gothic theme to create one of my favorite games of all time. This game is where the term “Metroidvania” comes from and is responsible for many of the exploration-based platformers that exist today. Aside from that, this game is just plain fun. Good-looking and diverse scenery, cool bosses and nice mechanics will keep you entertained for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment